07-10-2012 12:02 PM
The 5514 photosmart printer lists that it can use the 564XL black cartridge , however the XL does not physically fit into the black cartridge slot. The XL black is much wider than the standard black. Is there something I need to do to allow the cartridge to fit or does the 5514 not really accept the black XL cartridge?
07-12-2012 04:46 PM
Those are the correct XL cartridges for the PS 5514. The Black are usually bigger that the other cartridges, There should be grooves on the bottom of the cartridge to help slide it in to place. You will want to make sure that those are lined up. We have the printer here as a floor model and it was easy to get the XL black cartridge out, but it was harder to slide it back in the machine and took me a little trying to get it back in place.
07-30-2012 02:18 AM
The cartridge size is different, but it should still fit. More details in the link HERE
gecrc - as you have a PS 5514, what was the product number of the 564 cartridge? (ie: did it begin with the letters 'CB')
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)