Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My new printer is the Photosmart D110a. It is printing documents from Microsoft word but when I try to print a document from an Internet site, the font is so small I cannot read it. How can I adjust the printer settings so the font size is a 12? I  do not think I have the wireless stuff set up correctly but I don't need to do any cloud printing or things like that. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, well, when you print, use File > Print or Control-P on the resulting window click on Preferences, then on the Effects tab.  See if you are printing in Acutal Size, like this: 

Screen Shot.jpg

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

What operating system?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding to my problem. I am using the new Miscrosoft Windows 7, at least I think that's it. I bought the computer last September.  Obviously, I am not very comute litterate but I seem to manage OK.

HP Recommended

OK, well, when you print, use File > Print or Control-P on the resulting window click on Preferences, then on the Effects tab.  See if you are printing in Acutal Size, like this: 

Screen Shot.jpg

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

The page that comes up for print preferences is not the same as you showed. if i call for a print off the web it comes out so small under a 1/16 per letter????? 

HP Recommended

Did you look at the "Effects" tab as shown above?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Been there done that . There is no effects tab on my print preferences

HP Recommended

OK, when you start a print job in your browser (using File > Print or cntl-P, not with a print icon), on the resulting page there should be a setting for the page scaling.  Set it to "fit to page" or equivalent.

It would be helpful to know what browser and what version of Windowz.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I did your  scale to size      same thing   Still to small???    gave you a star but it  didnt show??

HP Recommended

OK, can you enter a percentage scale (like 150%)?

I am employed by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.