Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to turn on my wireless radio button on my computer.  It has been working great until today.  I tried to use the touch screen functions and it says it is unable to because of the setup of the system admin or owner of the computer, which is me.   

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello delrayfan-

I have seen this password error happen before. We can reset this. click on your setup button (front panel of printer).

then click on Network. Scroll down to "Restore Network Settings"

After you do this, you should be able to turn radio on and run the wireless setup wizard.

Make sure you don't have a Ethernet cable plugged into the back of the printer, as this will disable the wireless radio.

Let me know if this works.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
HP Recommended

I can't because the restore network defaults has a lock on and is says system admin locked it which I didn't.  I have the ethernet cable plugged in.  This has always been plugged in.  Something happened in the last week and the wireless radio buttin went off.   Is there a way to reset everything from the beginning, like i had just bought it?

Thanks,

Chris

HP Recommended

Hello Chris-

Try unplugging the Ethernet cable (then go into settings menu) and see if Radio light comes back on. The radio will work with a USB cable plugged in , but not with an Ethernet cable. There is a way to do a semi-full reset.  On the Touch screen, touch the bottom left ( just outside the lcd screen) 4 times. (look for a curved arrow) . You should see support menu. Touch that. Use right arrow and go to resets menu.Once at resets menu hit "OK". Arrow to the right to semi-full reset. Then hit OK. This should go back to out of box settings.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
HP Recommended

Dear 

I have same problem with My printer HP Pro 8600. I have already restore it. but when i was going to turn on wifi it says that "the feathure has been locked by your system adminstator or the person who setup the printer"

Please tell me the way that i become be able to turn on wifi.

Best Regards,

Firdous Lodhi

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, same printer, same feature, unable to turn the wireless direct on.  Followed instruction above, no help. Need this up and running! Thanks, Rex

HP Recommended

@Kicktires wrote:

Hello Chris-

Try unplugging the Ethernet cable (then go into settings menu) and see if Radio light comes back on. The radio will work with a USB cable plugged in , but not with an Ethernet cable. There is a way to do a semi-full reset.  On the Touch screen, touch the bottom left ( just outside the lcd screen) 4 times. (look for a curved arrow) . You should see support menu. Touch that. Use right arrow and go to resets menu.Once at resets menu hit "OK". Arrow to the right to semi-full reset. Then hit OK. This should go back to out of box settings.

Thanks a lot for the "Semi-Full Reset" tip.  It didn't fix my problem (802.11 Radio Light is OFF), but I'm now 100% convinced that there is a hardware problem with my printer.  You'da wo/man!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.