Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Env7 7640
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have a USB connected to my Envy 7640 because I no longer have a landline.  I'm using my smart phone's hotspot (tethering).  It was working until yesterday but can't remember how to reconfigure.  I was using Instant Ink, but it wasn't calculating the ink and I ran out due to the USB cable.  When I replaced the ink, I no longer was able to link the two devices.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @deerwoods936,

I see that you are having issues with your Envy 7640 e-All-in-One Printer. As you are on the Instant Ink program, I suggest contacting HP Cloud Services directly. You can do so by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom. They should be able to assist you with the Instant Ink program and your connection issues.

Please let me know if you are able to reach some resolution. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @deerwoods936,

I see that you are having issues with your Envy 7640 e-All-in-One Printer. As you are on the Instant Ink program, I suggest contacting HP Cloud Services directly. You can do so by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom. They should be able to assist you with the Instant Ink program and your connection issues.

Please let me know if you are able to reach some resolution. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

DocCottle 

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am much calmer today as the problem has been resolved.  I had to cancel the Instant Ink due to the USB cable, which was no problem.  The printing issue was the frustrating part.  I knew it could be fixed but couldn't figure it out.  I finally got someone at HP (Alex ... kudos to him) for helping me.  

In case anyone else uses their smartphone as a mobile hotspot and wants to print on the HP Envy 7640 printer here's the answer how to connect:

On the printer display screen select setup; undersetup select network setup; under network select wireless settings; under wireless settings select wireless setup wizard; select the network (my smartphone provider) and the password used for that provider. wallah!  It worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.