08-14-2012 03:40 PM - edited 08-14-2012 03:52 PM
Printer: HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z (Network)
Using Windows 7
When I try and print I get the Error Message: "Unable to Communicate with Printer"
Printer Status Report: identifies Network Status as "Ready"
HP Print/Scan Doctor identifies the printer, but when I click the "Next" Button, it does not let me go any further.
URL does not come up in browser, and when I try to Configure the Port, I get another Error Message: Error occured during port configuration (error 0x0000007b).
Any help would be appreciated.
08-23-2012 07:15 AM
You need to make sure the printer's IP address did not change. For this, first print a network test report from the printer's control panel and then use the Update IP address program in Windows (Start - HP - OJ6500 - Update IP address) to check if they match. If not, type the IP address you obtained from the printer's network report.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)