Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet MFP M277DW
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I used to get an option to select print only BLACK and WHITE. it is gone now. I reinstalled the printer several times and still not getting the print BLACK and WHITE option. Please help. 

Thanks,

Jonathan

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @JonathanWDC, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you're having problems with your print output.  I would like to help!

Do you have any issues making a colour copy, as opposed to a print?

I would suggest deleting the printer from your print system, using this document: Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once you have deleted it, I would suggest verifying and repairing the disk permissions: About Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions feature.

I'd then suggest running your Apple updates:  OS X: Updating OS X and Mac App Store apps

After the updates, I would recommend reinstalling the printer:

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw Easy Start

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Let me try this, I am able to print in color with no problem, just the option to "print in black and white only" is gone from the print box. 

J

HP Recommended

Color works fine. There was once a print black only option, but no longer. WHY IS THIS NOT A STANDARD PRESET???? I have seen lots of questions for various models of HP printers, and many people want to know this for their own printer. You might address this as a general topic on your website!

Again, I see what you have answered about uninstalling and reinstalling. How absolutely inelegant—certainly HP can come up with a preset that negates the problem once and for all! And I will sing your praises to the heavens if you're the one to do it.

Gret-chen

HP Recommended

Hi @Gret-chen,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

i have done the suggested, and i also can not print black and white only..... any other ideas or real solutions. 

i have just purchased this printer now and updated the bios.

HP Recommended

Dear HP Team:

You don't seem to be getting the point of our posts. We are talking about Print Options. Here's what we see:

Default Settings

Last Used Settings

Then it goes to Charts and Graphs.

What we want to see, and used to see, but do not see, is a setting that looks like this:

Black and White Only

How do we set up this option? (Perhaps a better question is Why doesn't HP set it up so that not every user has to?)

Gret-Chen

HP Recommended

Folks:  I've read thru your message board pertaining to this problem and want to echo the previous complaints.

I am on a Mac using the Sierra operating system, 02 10.12.1.  Ever since this upgrade I've been having problems with

your driver for the HP Color Lazerjet Pro, MFP M277dw.  With the help of your techs I was able to get my scanner to work again.  But now, as others have mentioned, I am no longer able to print black and white only.  Until this upgrade when every I started the printer routine, a window would appear allowing me to choose, double-sided printing, single or multiple pages and  black and white rather than color.

May I repeat, I can no longer choose black and white printing only.  

Can you please reissue your drivers and correct this problem.

HP Recommended

I am unable to get the MFP-277dw to print in black and white. I have the option to print black and white in the print window and I do select that option but the output is nevertneless in color. I am running windows 10 64 bit and have the issue when printing from all my computers. Suggesting removal and re-install of the driver software is a waste of our time. Would appreciate a more specific response.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.