Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My partner has this problem, which means I have this problem.

"My document won't print. It was printing fine, and then it just stopped."

When I check, the document will be stuck in the print queue; assigned to the WSD port - but maybe all our documents get assigned to that port? since normally we don't check on this - and other documents will typically be stacked up in the queue after them (like the document again).

Why does this happen, and can we do something to stop it?

Is there something I can check?

I am suspicious that it has something to do with the document containing material that has been copied and pasted from the internet, but maybe this is superstition on my part.

I could mention another couple of things: running the troubleshooter has, so far, solved the problem - it will successfully delete the job from the print queue; so far, I have not had this problem, only my partner has had it - this is what makes me wonder whether it has something to do with the document itself and some text or instruction that's been included in the document.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is it posible that the 8610 is offline b4 a print job?

Link to HP doc. on this subject.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is it posible that the 8610 is offline b4 a print job?

Link to HP doc. on this subject.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No, doesn't seem to be the problem. The printer is normally online.

Most of the time we print with no difficulty. This has emerged as a problem at a time when my partner has been trying to print .docx's that contain material she has copied from the internet. Idk whether that has anything to do with it, but it's something I have noticed.

HP Recommended

Can you create a PDF from the Word file & try printing?

What is the firmware release on the 8610?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.