01-02-2009 08:06 AM
I have a PSC 2510 all-in-one printer that I have used for serveral years with a wireless linksys router in my home.
I now have a new wireless router and don't know how to communicate with the printer through this new router.
Does anyone have any advice or where I can look to find directions?
01-02-2009 01:47 PM
The best thing that I've found to do when you get a new router is:
1. match the ip allowance to what your previous router was.
2. match the SSID, security, and passphrase to what the previous router was. That generally works.
The other thing you can do, is use the printer's control panel, go to wireless settings, and run the network connection wizard.
One thing Ive found that seems to work the best for printers, media hubs, etc... Set a fixed IP on it.
I don't know why that works so well, but it does.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)