09-17-2009 04:17 AM
I've just installed a HP PhotoSmart C4580 'All-in-One' printer on my home wireless network but whenevre I print I get the following message:
"Unable to communicate with the printer. This may be caused by the firewall. If you are using firewall software, verify TCP Port 9100 is unblocked from your PC to the printer 192.168.1.66"
I can ping the printer and if I turn off the McAfee firewall then I can print successfully. Can anyone suggest a solution without having to turn off the firewall.
09-22-2009 08:56 AM
Hi. I just got a new hp printer and when I try to install it, I am getting the same error message that you did. I was wondering if you ever figured out a solution. Any info you can give me is greatly appreciated.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)