Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Hp Officejet Pro 7740 prints too close to the top of the paper. I have pages of labels that have printed correcty on all my previous printers. On this printer the printing is misaligned with the labels on the page.  I have also experience this misalignment when printing pdf files.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Janetthequilter

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer and it prints too close to the top of the page. This happens while printing PDF files too. Not to worry though as I have a few suggestions. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Does this happen also while making copies?
  • are you choosing the correct paper type and size before printing?
  • Have you tried printing from multiple applications and checked?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now, please print a printer quality diagnostic report and check how the print is:

• Load plain white paper in Tray 1.

• On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon  .

• Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Figure : Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Image: Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Finally, you may try to align the printer from the printer front panel options as described below:

I hope this information helps. Please keep me posted for further help. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I followed the suggested steps in the reply.  The problem still exists.  My Word 2007 label files still print misaligned.  I do not have a problem with the labels I print from Access 2007.  There is no misalignment when I copy a document.  I am using the correct paper settings.  I found a Word 97-2003 label file which opened in compatability mode in Word 2007 which printed correctly.  I tried saving one of my other files to Word 97-2003 then printing but the misalignment still exists.  Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@Janetthequilter

Thanks for keeping me posted.

If the labels print fine in Access 2007 and are misaligned in Word 2007 then the evidence indicates towards Word 2007. 

You may try this in Word 2007:

In the File>Print dialog, under the Zoom section, the "Scale to paper size" is set to "No Scaling"

Otherwise, you may try to upgrade the Word 2007 and then try to print. 

Cheers! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.