Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello Bob,

I am operating with Windows Vista Ultimate (32 Bit) and have an HP Photosmart 2610.  My problem with two-sided printing is the same as Sleepiey's and I have tried your solution and like my predecessor, to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi, Bob!

I am using a Photosmart 4580 printer that printed on both side when I used XP.  I have changed to Vista and d/l HPs drivers and can still print using the network.  However, when I try to print on both sides this occurs.  The printer finishes the odd pages and when I turn the paper for the second side, the printer does not print anymore and the manual duplex screen is gone.  I look at the print menu and the offline is checked (not by me).  I cannot delete the job until I shut down the printer.  Any thought on this?  In the interest of saving many trees, I would like to be able to do this again.  Thanks,

Sharyn

HP Recommended
I have been using this printer (Officejet Pro K550 dtn) at work for a couple of years now and everything has been going ok (except for very very annoying feed problems almost constantly). But lately, it has stopped recognizing that the auto-duplex unit is installed and will only print 2-sided manually. This causes a great deal of wasted paper because it does NOT do this well at ALL. This is my only auto-duplexing printer in the office that is quick and does not use large amounts of ink. I recently upgraded my work computer to Windows Vista 64-bit. I cannot remember if I have successfully printed anything from the auto-duplexing unit on Vista but I will test this on an XP machine to see. I have tried removing the auto-duplexing unit and putting it back in, turning the printer on and off, unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable, trying different document types, to no avail. I also tried checking the Device Settings in the properties of the printer, there is no option to use the auto-duplexing unit or turn it on. Allow Manual Duplexing is the only available duplex-related option and it is enabled. Auto-duplexing does not work if I disable it either (then I just have no duplexing options!). Hopefully someone can help with this, I have a large volume of two-sided documents that I need to print soon and it will be a major waste if I have to use this printer + manual duplexing (because of the feed problems) or if I have to use one of my other printers (not as fast and use much more ink).
HP Recommended
I just bought an OfficeJet 8500 Pro A909n to do automatic two-sided printing, flipping the second page up, to generate a calendar. Running Vista Business 32. No matter what I try, the second page is shifted almost an inch to the left. I tried the HP Chat Support and he suggested I get a new duplexor. Cannaballized the duplexor off the first unit that I had to return because it chewed up the paper. Same results. This is driving me nuts and every other page of the calendar is off-center. I'm using Publisher 2007 to generate the file and have tried converting the file to a pdf file and printing as an image and it still does it on the "flip-up" page option.
HP Recommended

I have windows 7 64bit and all is ok, but when I try to print with duplex setting, the printer start its work without asking me to reload the already printed page.

My printer is PSC 1510

thanks

HP Recommended

Bob:

I have upgraded to a new HP p6112p computer withVista 7 and am having duplexing issues with myHP psc2410xi printer. I only get the option of printing on both sides manually. I have always had the automatic option when using Windows XP.

Is there a new driver or other solution to this problem?

Thanks

Cincyjrg

HP Recommended

cincyjrg wrote:

I have upgraded to a new HP p6112p computer withVista 7 and am having duplexing issues with myHP psc2410xi printer. I only get the option of printing on both sides manually. I have always had the automatic option when using Windows XP.

Have you tried the suggestion in the first post: 

No option for two-sided printing. The selection for automatic two sided printing may be grayed out, or only manual duplexing is offered.  This typically occurs because the duplexer is not recognized as installed, or the driver may default to not installed.   To correct this do the following: go to Start, Control Panel, Printers, right-click on the printer, Run as Administrator, Properties, (continue), Device Settings, Installable Options, set the "Two Sided Duplex Unit" to installed, OK.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi. I have a HP PSC 750 with a duplexer installed on the back. But every time try print in duplex mode, the second page comes out on another sheet but with text aligned as if it would be printed on the first sheet, meaning thtat the printer is not using the duplexer. I have "two-sided-printing" active on "device settings" on the "printer porperties". I'm using windows 7 business x64.

I am trying on ubuntu, but i think i haven't installed a good driver yet.

Any ideas?

Best regards!

HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier printer, and was running Vista 64, and have now upgraded to Windows 7 (64bit). The printer is connected via a wireless network to a HP CMP P6142P computer. I have had the same problem with both versions of Windows. Basically, when printing a document from WordPerfect Office X4, if the document is printed single sided, all is well. However when printing duplex, both sides of the document are shifted down on the page, and the last line, or more, at the bottom of the page are not printed. As an example, a document that has 0.5" margins, both top and bottom will print with 0.5" margins top and bottom, when printing w/o duplex, however when I print it duplex, I end up with approx. 0.875" top margin and approx. 0.5 or less bottom margin, with one or more lines of text missing. This happen on both sides of the paper. Landscape printing is also a nightmare.  Can you help?

HP Recommended
Hi,
  Was having the "back page prints upside down" problem with my new Officejet Pro 8500 Premium and Windows 7. Suggestion #2 about flipping up the page fixed that problem for me. Thanks for all your help.
**bleep**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.