Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hi. I'm running an inkjet cp1160 with Vista and have the same no automatic duplexing problem. I tried the suggestion posted but under installable options there is no option, greyed out or otherwise, for two sided duplex unit. I tried disabling the Allow Manual Duplexing option in hopes that something else would appear but no luck. The first thing I did initially was check hp for latest driver but was told that I have it.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The tip by KFox112  in

Win 7, PSC 1500 and manual duplex printing

about getting the manual duplex printing going, may apply to Vista as well.

There the resultant settings after installing the latest driver were seemingly right, but not effective.

Regards,

HermanB

HP Recommended

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and trying to connect to our HP Laserjet 8000 DN.  I do not have the option for "Printers" in Control Panel, just "Devices and Printers".

I am unable to right-click my printer to Run as Administrator.  The duplexing option is not available to me even though it is installed and showing as installed.

I have downloaded and installed the Windows 7 64 bit drivers, installing as administrator with Vista RC2 compatability settings

Screenshots of my printer properties and print screen with no duplex option on the finishing tab:

http://img24.imageshack.us/i/print1x.gif/

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/print2.gif/

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to fix the duplexing issue - but I'm having a lot of trouble being able to access the "Device Settings" tab using Vista X64 for a Photosmart C7280 - if I run the HP C7280 properties as administrator the vista thinking circle shows on the screen for a second and then the properties window closes - and that's it!

I have another computer running xp which connects fine over the network and brings up the automatic duplexing.

I've tried reinstalling software, running updates, connecting via network / USB etc. but nothing seems to make a difference.  I'd be grateful for any assistance as I've lost count of the hours I've spent trying to sort this one out!

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I am using HP PSC 1510 All-in-One Series connected through a usb to a Windows 7 laptop

I have a problem to print in both sides.

Usually, i simply choose "manually" in the "print on both sides"

and it will print the odd page first.. pop up a dialog box telling me to switch the paper upside down.. and continue printing the even page..

However, recently.. even when i have chosen "manually", it prints the odd page and keep continuing with the even page.. the pop up dialog box does not come out anymore..

Help me please?

thanks.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, but this bug is already present in Vista driver, so I think that HP won't fix it!

Work around:

use PDF Creator (freeware) if you need to print multiple-page per sheet (e.g. 4 page per sheet) with duplex printing.

When you have  well-formatted PDF, use Adobe Reader and print first the odd and than the even page

HP Recommended

Brand new out of the box C309a . . using it wireless with  brand new HP Pavilion P6250t . .

I've tried three times to print a two sided document but all it does it print two pages.

I've set the duplexing to automatic, is there something else I should be doing?

HP Recommended

:smileyvery-happy:your tip re windows 7 and duplex printing has saved the day... thank you much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.