Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Earlier I wrote:

"I'm having the same problem with shrinking top and bottom margins that SFH is having when auto-duplexing. Along with Word documents, this occurs when I print images or PDF files. I also had this problem with Windows XP. My current configuration is C309a wireless, Windows 7 64bit."

Of course I said this incorrectly - as with others having the same problem, the image or text shrinks vertically - the top and bottom margins are larger.

HP Recommended

HP P1006 instructs you to insert the paper back into the printer with the same orientation after printing the first side, then "press the continue button below".  However, there is no continue button, just a "close" button.  I have tried hitting all buttons on the printer and in the printer queu, but most of them just cancel the print job.  How do I actually "continue" to print the 2nd side?

HP Recommended

Dear Bob,

I have a problem with a LaserJet CM2320 MFP fxi.

When printing a single page it is ok.

When printing a (word)-file with e.g. 4 pages, the first page is printed on the backside and the second page on the front, and both are also upside down... Putting the papaer the other way around in the printer doesn't solve the problem, because the single page print will be messed-up...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Titus

HP Recommended

I have HPDJ9800 with duplexer, Win7 and the pull down window does not show the duplexer installed.  There is no choice but not installed.

HP Recommended

Workaround for psc1510 on win7 presented by Bob, doesn't work for me

HP Recommended

@Hokie55 wrote:

I have HPDJ9800 with duplexer, Win7 and the pull down window does not show the duplexer installed.  There is no choice but not installed.

From an account with administrator privileges do the following:  go to the Devices and Printers folder, right click on the Deskjet 9800, Printer Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options and then set the duplexer to installed.

9800 duplex.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Win XP Duplex Printing Troubleshooting Guide Options

I have tried every option you have mentioned but the problem still persists...:

LaserJet CM2320 MFP fxi, running Win XP SP3.

When printing a single page it is ok. When printing a (word)-file with e.g. 4 pages, the first page is printed on the backside and the second page on the front, and both are also upside down... Putting the paper the other way around in the printer doesn't solve the problem, because the single page print will be messed-up...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards, Titus

HP Recommended

The pull down window for selecting 'enabled' does not give the enabled option; therefore the suggested help does not work.  There is another problem.  The duplexer is installed and was working on Win XP before Win 7 was installed.  Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

Hokie55 wrote:

The pull down window for selecting 'enabled' does not give the enabled option; therefore the suggested help does not work.  There is another problem.  The duplexer is installed and was working on Win XP before Win 7 was installed.  Thanks anyway.

Do the following:  try to enable the duplexer while logged in as Administrator.  If that does not help then go to the Security tab and make sure the checkbox is set to enable "manage this printer" for whichever user you are logged in as.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I finally got the pull down window to show engaged.  I down loaded updated drivers from Microsoft for the printer through the driver update window.  Thanks.  Ralph

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.