Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I apologize if anyone asked this question yet but didn't see any posts about WPA passphrases..

The printer recognizes my wireless network however, when I try to set it up with the computer or run a wireless test, a message comes up.  The message says:

*Your wireless router requires a WPA security passphrase.  The passphrase configured on your HP printer does not match exactly.  Run the wireless network setup to re-enter your wirless nextwork WPA security passphrase.*

I know the passphrase I entered is the correct passphrase but I am not sure why it says it is not matching..am I missing something or doing anything wrong?

Thanks!:smileyhappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The psc 2500 is very old and only works with WEP and 802.11b, both of which are obsolete.

I recommend you plug the printer into the router with an Ethernet cable instead of fighting with wireless.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
HP Recommended

What printer?

WPA passphrases are case sensitive.

If you really did input correctly, including caps and lower case correctly, you could reset the printer settings, but I need to know what printer to tell you how.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

sorry its the Photosmart C4780..if you can tell me how to reset the printer that will be great! thanks!

HP Recommended

OK, this resets the network settings: on the front of the printer, click Setup [Scan] > Network > Reset Network Defauts.

Also, tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc) and I can offer some other methods that may be easier than the USB setup of wireless you are trying.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

My printer is HPPhotosmart B110 series and is asking for my Passphrase.  I have a key and an administaters password so have entered the latter but it hasnt worked can you help please

HP Recommended
It is asking for your wireless network password, not your computer password.
I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
I'm new at this wireless printer. Have bought an IPad. Having trouble with WPA pass phrase ,what to use so that IPad will communicate with printer.
HP Recommended

What printer?  Do you have a wireless router?  What brand/model?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

where do i find the passphrase? for wireless setup to communicate with ipas 2 and the allinone printer

HP Recommended

The passphrase is otherwise known as your wireless password.  You may have it written down or if you tell me what brand router you have I can instruct you to get into the router settings to see what it is.

I am employed by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.