01-18-2011 02:59 PM
Want to add a printer queue to a Windows server for an HP Photosmart 8700. Looking for JUST the print drivers...not that 70+MB extracted .exe file that uses a Setup screen. Print drivers typically just need files like .inf, .dll, .cat, .cab and should be less than 20MB.
I can't just copy specific files from the extracted .exe file....when I try that and add a printer, it wants file "hpzpm313.dll" and it is not there.
01-18-2011 04:01 PM
I copied the whole folder to the server and it worked when pointing to the enu.... folder. But this still kind of sucks that HP can't just put out printer drivers for a lot of these specialty printers and mfp's.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)