Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
E3E02A Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've spent most of this day trying to get my HP Officejet 6830 to work.  I purchased it from Staples last July but the HP Support Assistant thinks the warrenty expired last June!  It correctly read the product and serial number, but it was WRONG on the warreny.  I would expect this HP printer to last more than 7 months!

The problem(s) seem to be:

1) Printhead error Oxc19a0020, and

2) Cartrige issues.

I followed the steps the 'assistant' directed, the printer reads that there is plenty of ink - BUT I CANNOT GET IT TO PRINT!!!

Wireless link is good/working.

Staples was no help, other than giving me an HP support number 800-474-6836 which had no live help and directed me to go online!

I'm hoping HP monitors these messages and will contact me with some real help!

My phone number is (removed content)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You will need to have the printer replaced, see the document here for information on dealing with a failed printhead on your Officejt 6830.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you Bob!

I went to the "Replacement" page and completed the form, but when I submitted it, I got the message:

"Product replacement for printed : Submisson failed  This transaction cannot be completed at this time.  You can try again later, or contact HP Support for help."

I'm an optimist so I'm hoping it actually was recived by HP...

If there's anything else I should be doing please let me know.

HP Recommended

I have heard of cases where the replacement product was ordered despite the message.  If the message actually went through you would get a confirmation email within a day or two verifying shipment of a replacement.  

If by late Monday you do not have a confirmation email I would suggest resubmitting the information.

If there are continued issues with this please post back here and I will see what I can do.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Shortly after I replied/posted, I did get a confirmation email from HP Support saying that a replacement was going to be sent and I should get it (probably) next week!

Hope it all works out. I've worked with HP printers at work - primarily HP network printers that worked very well.  I just expect somthing I purchase to last longer.

Again, thanks for you help and support!

HP Recommended

I am glad to hear things are moving through the system.  I do not know why the erronous error message happens, but I have seen that reported here before. 

When the replacement printer arrives and is installed and working please come back and mark the "Accept as solution", this will help others with the same issue find an answer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Did you get the replacement printer?  Is everything working OK now?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.