Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

The No-Bull**bleep** Way To Setup Your HP CP1525nw For Wireless Printing

1. Unpack the printer, remove the tape and stuff and plug it into a power outlet. Check the built-in LCD monitor and wait for the printer to complete its self-setup.
  2. Connect the printer to your router via ethernet cable.
  3. At this point you might need to navigate via the LCD and printer buttons to the Network setup. It’s a simple menu tree that you navigate via clicking the arrow buttons and clicking OK. Just connect via Ethernet and use DHCP. It should connect itself to your network.
  4. Once the printer connects to your network it will display its IP address on the printer’s built-in LCD screen.

Enter that IP address into a web browser on a computer that is on the same network. After you click enter you will be presented with a web-based administration interface for your printer.

1. Click on the “Networking” tab.
  2. Click on “Wireless Configuration” on the left-hand options.
  3. Status should be “ON”
    Configuration Method should be “Join an existing network”.
    Network Name should present a list of available networks. Click on yours.
    Authentication should be set according to your network
  4. Click APPLY and disconnect the wired connection to the router. The little wireless light on the front of the printer will start blinking as it connects to your router wirelessly. Once the light is solid the printer’s new IP address should be displayed on the built-in LCD display.
  5. On your computer try adding the network-available printer. There is lots of documentation out there to do this for the most popular Linux distributions. I won’t repeat those instructions here. The HP Linux driver that’s currently available does not specifically include support for this model, but just look for the latest HP CP15XX model number and it will work fine.

That should be it. You should be able to run test prints and confirm that your printing settings are all correct. Hopefully this is helpful.

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

The self-set up did its job, but when I did airport utility set up every device I have connected and works except the printer.  So I have not expereinced the sublime moment of the printer connecting to the network hence I don't know IP address.

I know the printer and the computer can connect, but I dont know how to introduce them to each other.

jmk

HP Recommended

Ok, so I went through all these steps - no matter what I do, I cannot get this printer to work on our WPA secured network.  I have no problems getting it to connect to an unsecured network, but as soon as I turn on WPA (or WPA2) it will not make the connection.  I've tried two different networks so I'm thinking the problem is in the printer.  

Not sure if it matters, but firmware date on mine is 20111215, which I believe is the latest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi all

Ive set up this printer for using wireless. However, sometimes when I print, the printer simply doesnt print. My mac complains at the printer isnt connected. However, when I run the network test on the printer, it prints out the network test page AND what I had asked it to print from my mac. Has anyone had this issue before

HP Recommended

Mine has worked like that since day 1 .   Very frustrating.    I am now looking for solutions on this forum hoping to fix it.

HP Recommended

my ssid is broadcasting. i can print when connected directly via usb cable and when printer is wired to router. i have connected to the pinter through browser to the IP, navigated to the "network" tab, selected my network, entered the wpa2 key, and have not been able to connect over wireless. my lap top is running vista. i am successfully connected via wireless on the same network to another HP printer. i bought this cp1525nw yesterday. should i return it?

HP Recommended

That's great, except what I want is to just directly enter the wireless settings. It is a *big* hassle to move the printer to connect it to a LAN or USB.

Come on, this is 2012, not 1990.  I should be able to go into the networking menu and do this directly on the printer!

I specifically bought it because it does wireless.  This is not "wireless", if you have to connect (wire) it first.

HP Recommended

And the setup disc? I go to install it and it says it only works for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and earlier. Uh, 10.7 Lion has been out for EIGHT MONTHS.

I already knew you had Lion support, before I bought the printer, because I made sure of it. Why hasn't the disc been updated in 8 months? I just bought the printer new last week.

Yes, I can download the driver, but that's the second hassle now.

Learn from Apple, they don't pull these pranks on their customers.

HP Recommended

OK, so once I was able to access the web server on the printer then I was golden.  And it is a really, really nice printer. Works great on the Mac via wireless. Airprint works great too (no thanks on the HP e-print).

It's too bad so much work goes into making it a great printer...then it is marred by a poorly designed setup process, like the hardware and engineering is top priority, but the human interface is a second thought and not important.

Come on, every other HP network printer in recent memory had the TCP/IP (Network) settings accessible via the printer menu system, with all the manual settings for those that want it. What gives with that? The menu is already there for ethernet. Why not wireless? Is it "too hard"?

And before you ask...I don't want to use WPS.  Wireless "Protected" Setup is not, protected that is. It needs to go the way of WEP, which was also a very flawed concept.  WPS is dead.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post and the feedback.  It's comments like these that help to develop future products.  No, it not too hard, it is designed to assist non-technical users with a method to install without having the technical background that some of you do while meeting a price point that makes it competitive in the marketplace. 

Again, thank you for the feedback!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02509626

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.