Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Hello sandyjee,

Welcome to the Forums!

I noticed your post about trying to connect your CP1525nw to your wireless network with your new router that does not support WPS. My best suggestion is to follow the guide on how to connect your printer wired or wirelessly, which may not work wirelessly due to your router not supporting WPS, however you can try the steps just to see if it will connect. You may have to result in installing via USB, which I will include the steps to as well.

Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network

Install / Uninstall software & drivers

Good luckSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I was starting to pull my hair out using the WPS button on my new SKY hub!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this.  HP setup software CP1520series_nw_full_solution and CD that came with the printer did not work, and there was very little intelligent info on the web.

The LCD display on the printer itself is pretty useless, except 1) Reports>Network Summary will get you a print out of your current IP address, if necessary  2) Nework Setup>restore Defaults will reset the printer's network settings  in case previous failed attempts has put your printer in half configured state.  

After The reset,  it was close enough to being in it's native state that your instructions worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

... continued

Also, on windows 10, I had to go to control panel > devices and printers and remove the existing HP CP1525 printer and re-install.  On one computer, Windows 10 could not find the printer on the network, and I had to install it by IP address, which is now given on the LCD screen.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.