12-06-2011 06:52 PM
We have an ink system failure message on our HP Photosmart C6180 All in one printer that reads: Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, receive faxes or print. Error 0xc18a0106 -help?
12-07-2011 01:44 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 03:47 PM by OscarFuentes
This error typically is caused by some issue with the ink delivery system.
Recommend to follow steps mentioned in this link to resolve your problem:
Hope this helps.
05-25-2012 06:11 AM
This inks system failure error 0x... might be due to some issues with your ink cartridge or the printheads. I have an old officejet printer running on windows xp which encountered the same ink system failure issues and has cost me a lot of money for new cartridges. I got the issue straighten out by doing a hardware reset on the printer itself, I did it on the printer's panel. I followed the steps found on hardware reset article online. Why not give it a try before thinking of another solution..
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)