Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Plus B209a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My  HP Photosmart Plus B209a is reporting a phantom paper jam and I have failed to correct this.   If I have to replace this machine I want to use up my large stock of genuine 364 cartridges, so what current printer do I need to buy?  Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Brambley,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having an issue with a false paper jam in your Photosmart Plus B209a All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot paper jam errors on your printer.

If after following the above you are still unable to clear the jam, the printer would need to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options they have available. When you do so, they should be able to either suggest a model that uses the same cartridges, or they may be able to exchange the cartridges for you.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to clear the jam or reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @Brambley,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having an issue with a false paper jam in your Photosmart Plus B209a All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot paper jam errors on your printer.

If after following the above you are still unable to clear the jam, the printer would need to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options they have available. When you do so, they should be able to either suggest a model that uses the same cartridges, or they may be able to exchange the cartridges for you.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to clear the jam or reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  After following the routine there was no change- still reporting a phantom paper jam and a fluttering noise.  Then my son came along and found that a part had snapped off.    Now need to buy a new printer as repair may cost more than a new one.  Before I buy, I want to identify the maximum weight of paper a printer will handle as I am a crafter and I want to print on card rated at 300gsm.  Also want a straight through feed rather than curling over rollers.   These features are often missing from descriptions and tech specifications.      

HP Recommended

Most printers should be able to handle 300gsm paper, but I would suggest contacting HP Support using the link above as they may be able to suggest a model for that as well.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

@Brambley

Just FYI if you want to buy a printer that takes the HP364s, I think the last one we manufactured was Photosmart 7520....

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.