Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@BobGrosh wrote:

How do I get rid of it?

It is on by default on my new printer. Every time I print I have to find this hidden option and disable it.

HP! Please get rid of that crap. At least don't make it the default.

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 installed on Windows 10 with the HP All in One Remote app.  The default settings for the printer have "HP Real Life Technologies" set to disabled/off. You must turn it on yourself to enable it.

I don't know if this is a new thing or not, but it certainly isn't on by default for my printer.

Christopher
HP Recommended

I tried to read about Real Life.....but when I clicked on your link, I received the following:

404 Page Not Found

Try going back to Support Home

Sorta of like this technological  by HP

Umrk
HP Recommended

according to http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8620-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367611/docume...

HP Real Life Technologies : This feature smooths and sharpens images and graphics for improved print quality.

HP Recommended

> It is photo editing software. Thats all.

HP Recommended

The page is no longer available.

HP Recommended

Yeah, except it isn't standalone software.

It's a function automatically enabled on my Envy Photo 7855, and it absolutely destroys quality.  When printing documents, it's enabled (by default) and causes blacks to look bluer, and colors are significantly fainter.  Images printed are more blurred than without it enabled.

I almost had returned my printer because of it, until I did some trial and error and figured out disabling it solved my quality issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.