Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

4 years later, the issues remain.  My printer is not printing black.  I've done all the steps indicated in this forum, please message me with the instruction to a full hard reset.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my photosmart 5520. It has worked well for a couple years, and now black won't work. I even exchanged a new cartridge with another. Color works fine. I wish and hope there is an answer. I don't want to buy a new printer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Vin1208,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer that is not printing black ink. I would like to help.

Here is the support document intended for use with this issue - Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink.

If you get though that document and the printer is still not printing black, the next step would e to contact HP Tech Support by phone. Cartridges carry their own warranty which is stamped on the bottom edge. With this issue as long as the cartridge is in warranty you will not be charged for support, even if the printer is out of warranty.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @nottechsauvy,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer that is not printing black ink. I would like to help with that.

Here is the support document intended for use with this issue - Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have tried following the instructions in the above. When attempting to clean the printheads, I dont get presented any option to do an additional level of cleaning.  Printer has been out of action no for weeks, with my kids not being able to print documents for their school work.

On looking through this thread I see that there is a suggestion to private message the support tech to get some additional

information.  btw Since when did HP Support become a masonic organisation needing secret handshakes to get support for their products to work?

Please kindly provide the information to fix this problem.

Thanks

Bindi

HP Recommended

Hi @Bindi247,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If the supplied document fails to resolve the issue, it could possibly be a cartridge issue or a printhead issue. At that point I would suggest contacting HP Tech Support by phone

If your cartridges are fairly new they could be in warranty. Each cartridge's warranty date is located on the bottom edge. If the black cartridge is in warranty, you would not have to pay for support for this issue.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I have been having problems with the vacuum tube that pulls the ink out of the black cartridge clogging up. I have to disassemble the printer then the vacuum pump to run a wire and rubbing alcohol through the tube. You might have to soak the printhead and blow through it also. The built in cleaning cycle can't clean a stopped up tube.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Actually today I went and bought a laser printer (HPM252sw) as it turns out to be more cost effective for me in the long term, and fits my printing needs. Also I just could not endure the inkjet problems any more.

thanks

Bindi

HP Recommended

Same problem with two different HP photosmart printers.  Use a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol.  Remove the black cartridge and load the ink screen with several drops of alcohol using the Q-Tip to deliver.  I soaked it with about 3 ml of alcohol.  I wiped the screen with a paper towel, replaced the black cartridge and printed like nothing had ever been wrong.

HP Recommended

Hi

I will like to know how to reset HP 6510e. Need it because the black cartridge is not printing on the printer

Thanks

Neeraj

@Kyle_W wrote:

You may need to do either a partial or semi-full reset on the printer. However I cannot post these steps in the forums as it is against HP policy. If you would like, you can either send me a private message asking for the steps or you can let me know in this thread and I will send them to you.

Thanks,

Kyle

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.