Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 4650 inkjet is connected as instructed, but would not print in color. I try printing a spread shhhet in color. All I got was black ink print.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @koolDUDE – Greetings!

Welcome back to the HP Forums, I'd be happy to help you with your Officejet printer issues.

Try making a copy on your printer. Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the color copy option to make a color copy. If the copy is working fine, then the issue could be with the printer drivers. Try the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted.

Please let me know whether that works for you. Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @koolDUDE – Greetings!

Welcome back to the HP Forums, I'd be happy to help you with your Officejet printer issues.

Try making a copy on your printer. Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the color copy option to make a color copy. If the copy is working fine, then the issue could be with the printer drivers. Try the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted.

Please let me know whether that works for you. Thank you!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Unfortunately my HP OfficeJet 4650 has stopped printing in colour.

I've tried this solution and the colour copy function works fine.

However, when I click on the link : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61232/mp-147818-1/OJ4650_Basicx64_72.exe and install the printer drivers. I get this error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/softlib/software13/COL61232/mp-147818-1/OJ4650_Basicx64_72.exe was not found on this server.

Help please

HP Recommended

Solved it myself by downloading the drivers from this site: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers

All working well again

HP Recommended

I was having this problem also.  I had another HP printer installed.  I had to delete (remove) the other printer completely from my computer.  Once I did that the 4650 started printing in color.  

When I installed the 4650 I did not restart my laptop.  That might have been what was causing the problem.

I was also having problems with Word 2017.  It would freeze up on me with the other printer installed.  There was probably some sort of conflict.  I would think that you would be able to have more than one printer installed on your laptop, but I guess not.  I am running Windows 10 on Dell.

HP Recommended

I did your suggestion and it solved the problem but everytime the printer is not used for a long time (1-2 weeks) I encounter the same problem. It gets annoying and frustrating especially since I use my printer for school work. I end up wasting time to troubleshoot the problem instead of doing actual school work.

HP Recommended

Thank once I removed my old Dell Printer completely off and reinstalled my HP OfficeJet 4650 it worked out just fine I was able to print in color and fax with no exceptions

HP Recommended

Let me correct myself. Once I deleted my old Dell printer off of my hard drive and installed my Hp Inkjet 4650 onto my computer I was able to change the settings for color. What my computer was trying to do was pull the information from the old printer and not allow the new info to exist. There is no need to go to any links just uninstall the old off of your hard drive double check any info from the old is nonexistence and install the new. Once you have installed your new Hp Inkjet 4650 you can go into your settings and change to color. Your computer will recognize the new Hp Inkjet 4650 as being the only printer on your computer. Not only that but, if you're using Wi-Fi you can add other computers to your Hp  Inkjet 4650 as well as add it to your smartphone. Keep in mind if you need to print from your smartphone and you're away from home make sure your Hp inkjet 4650 is on and you're under Wi-Fi. By doing so make sure your Hp Inkjet 4650 model and serial info is linked to your smartphone which will allow you to print from anywhere under WI-FI.

LoveLe1

HP Recommended

I found that I had to go to the control panel via search box

1 then go to uninstall programs

2 uninstall hp printers all in one  

3 restart computer 

4 reinstall printer driver from  HP website support downloads 

then print and color reappeared.   Holy Cow  it worked

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.