Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3636
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Just installed the printer. Wifi on and to join it is asking for a password? Where do I find or generate a password?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Join what?  Asking for what password?   Are you connecting to your router or not?  What exactly are you doing????

HP Recommended
From my iPhone &I iPad in wifi settings I see the printer in "choose a network ". When I select it I am immediately asked for a password. On imputing the router password and pushing the join button I get "password not recognised "
HP Recommended

In order to see the printer password you must print out the Network Config sheet from the printer.  

By downloading the User Guide and reading it on page 74...

To print the wireless network test report and network configuration page

Press the Wireless button ( ) and the Information button ( ) at the same time.

● The wireless network test report shows the diagnostics results for the status of the wireless network,
wireless signal strength, detected networks, and more.

● The network configuration page shows the network status, hostname, network name, and more.

HP Recommended
Thanks I try that soon and report back.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.