Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 8000 wireless A809n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a Windows 10 basic print driver for the deskjet 8000 wireless A809n ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Received this private message after posting on the HP Facebook site (but this may be a coincidence...?)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi @stephen_ford,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your driver inquiry.

I understand that you were wndering if there is a basic print driver available for the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer series - A809 compatible with Windows 10. I would like to help.

I do not see any basic drivers for this model. The only software and driver available for download is the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver. You can go to the software and drivers download page by clicking here.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

====================================================

What I didn't say in my question was that I allowed the HP Support Assitant to help with the driver installation. The installation began and then fell in a heap. It seemed to gather a set of diagnosics and send it off to HP and that was the last I heard. I don't know what caused what. HPSA may have even helped reduce the collateral damage, I don't know, but what I do know is that between HP and Microsoft ...

NO ONE TOLD ME THAT THE INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 MIGHT STOP MY PRINTER WORKING...!!

And the installation was testing enough at best. At worst it was a traumatic experience in view of the importance of my PC to my work...

So this morning I decided to try again and began the installation of the fully featured printer driver by choosing to down load the file only without the help of HPSA.

As the installation began I discovered that the apps in the fully featured installation could be deselected (which I did with glee... 🙂 ).

From there the wireless installation proceeded easily as per the driver-only installation from Win7...

Ahhhh... bliss... 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Received this private message after posting on the HP Facebook site (but this may be a coincidence...?)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi @stephen_ford,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your driver inquiry.

I understand that you were wndering if there is a basic print driver available for the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer series - A809 compatible with Windows 10. I would like to help.

I do not see any basic drivers for this model. The only software and driver available for download is the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver. You can go to the software and drivers download page by clicking here.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

====================================================

What I didn't say in my question was that I allowed the HP Support Assitant to help with the driver installation. The installation began and then fell in a heap. It seemed to gather a set of diagnosics and send it off to HP and that was the last I heard. I don't know what caused what. HPSA may have even helped reduce the collateral damage, I don't know, but what I do know is that between HP and Microsoft ...

NO ONE TOLD ME THAT THE INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 MIGHT STOP MY PRINTER WORKING...!!

And the installation was testing enough at best. At worst it was a traumatic experience in view of the importance of my PC to my work...

So this morning I decided to try again and began the installation of the fully featured printer driver by choosing to down load the file only without the help of HPSA.

As the installation began I discovered that the apps in the fully featured installation could be deselected (which I did with glee... 🙂 ).

From there the wireless installation proceeded easily as per the driver-only installation from Win7...

Ahhhh... bliss... 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.