Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@WaltVA

I'm not an expert on Windows, but I noticed a couple of other folks resolved their Win8.1 issues by using the hotfix below. Does this help?

Thanks, Ciara

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3000461

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
No. I am using Windows 7!
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I followed the steps in your posting and it fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

I have set up my printer with my Acer Aspire E11 laptop.  It is the chosen printer, it prints, however, instead of printing the chosen document, it prints 20 pages with a few symbols per page, no copy.   Done twice even after double checking evertyhing.  Also turned on and off both the computer and printer. Need to print my resume for a Wednesday 7/1/15 9:30AM interview.  Please help with any suggestions, thanks Jill

HP Recommended

I bought a HP Officejet 2620, everything has been well installed. It scans, copies but only prints a test page, and diagnostic and other files are not. There is no error pops up, simply does not print.
Please help.

HP Recommended

Its working now.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z and went directly to creating a static IP address. It didn't even hold the static IP after turning the printer off and then back on. 

This problem seemed to have started when I changed my router network settings from WEP to WPA2, at least from what I can remember.

I am running Windows 8.1 on my Desktop

HP Recommended

Is there an easier way? Sorry but my printer is on another floor of my house and I'm using a desktop. I have been running up and down stairs all morning trying to get this thing to print. It prints when I restart my computer but all it keeps saying is "printer offline". I have run the HP doctor thing and removed and re-installed the printer. I agree with the previous poster that buying the product is not buying a kit. We are not techies and doing a "work around" is a poor solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.