Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (2,522 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wireless Printing

Product Name: C4580

Hi,

I have an HP  G70-468NR notebook PC,and a HP Photosmart C4580 all in one printer/scanner/copier.

Originally set up on Windows Vista, I used to have the printer working wirelessly. However, I upgraded computer to windows 7,and now I can no longer print wirelessly. I tried to redo everything with the printer disc, but I get stopped everytime.I can print with a cable connection, but I would like my wireless back please.

Also, please note that I am not too experienced with computers or some of the lingo.

Thank you,

I would appreciate any help, even to send me in the right direction.

John

Accepted Solution

Re: Wireless Printing

Hi,

As mentioned above, you have to download, save on your computer and install to you computer.

Regards.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (2,511 Views)

Hi,

Probably the CD is a bit old. Please download the following software and driver and install to your compuer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30130/mp-74912-1/PS_AIO_04_C4500_USW_Full_Win_WW_130_140...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,504 Views)

HP

Thank you for the quick response. I clicked on your highlighted response a few times ( a little circle would spin at the top of the page for about 10 seconds each time-----and then stopping with no other information) .I checked recent downloads and I have a few (all different)from clicking that highlight. I tried printing a page after, and the request is there, but the printer will not shift to ready position------it shows offline.

John

Highlighted
Provost
Message 4 of 5 (2,494 Views)

Hi,

As mentioned above, you have to download, save on your computer and install to you computer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,480 Views)

You are the man BH.

I told you I wasn't to experienced with computer know how,but I hung with it, and found the highlight you sent me in my computer downloads. I double clicked it and a small window appeared, and I clicked run. It started to take off and I followed the prompts. By the way----I also kept my printer tethered to the computer with the printer U S B cable throughout the process.

While the program was going through the installation process however, I hit a snag. A window popped up stating "installation unsuccessful message", even though the insallation process never stopped. I thought not now-----now that I have come this far, but then I received another message from HP which found a solution and applied it. Even through all of this, when all was finished, came the final test. I disconnected the U S B cable, found a random page to test print, and 

to my surprise, my printer was printing without being connected to my computer anymore.

I really appreciate the help with connecting me with the right tool  to enjoy my wireless printing again. I also want to thank you again for the quick response in helping me get this done today.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation