12-09-2013 04:01 PM
The HP Officejet 4500 printer I had working for a long time on Windows 8 suddenly started printing envelopes incorrect, as if it was a full sheet of paper. I restarted both printer and computer didn’t solve issue. I then uninstalled printer and reinstalled, after much difficulty, as it would not go past the screen to connect by USB, (picture attached) cannot click on next.
After numerous tries I finally got all the included software (for scanning) working but I cannot get it to wirelessly connect.
The printer is connected by the USB, only to print, so both USB connection obviously work.
Any solutions for either the envelope or wireless issues would be greatly appreciated.
12-09-2013 04:23 PM
Please download a tool from the following link and run it on your machine. During the process, please select convert from USB to wireless:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)