02-10-2011 10:59 AM
Please can someone help me, I have spend hours and read every line of every booklet that I have been given and don't understand what to do!!!
I want to print wirelessly from my new HP Deskjet 3050. Apparently I can't do this directly with my laptop I need to do it via my BT router. Fine.... so on the printer i have pressed wireless/wps and I get 2 options. 1. Push Button and 2. PIN.
1. Push Button... I don't seem to have a WPS button on my router.
2. PIN... I have no ability to enter a pin into my router. Unless I do this via a web site but how do I know?
Have tried both options but just times out. I have a wireless assocaition button on my hub but that didn't seem to work so might be wrong thing?
I haev printed out my wireless test report and it says I nned to check my access point is powered on, and my SSID name matches my access point network name. WHAT does that meant and where do look to check.
I am using a mac with snow leopard.
Thank for help in advance!!!
02-10-2011 11:25 AM
To use WPS, both the printer and router have to have the feature. I don't believe your BT router has WPS.
So, you will have to download the latest software from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page. Run the installer but make sure your printer is not plugged into your Mac via USB. The software will eventually ask you to connect it via USB temporarily so the software can describe your network to your printer, but wait until it asks.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)