Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Having issues printing wirelessly to Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. Both printer and computer are connected successfully to the same wirless internet router (have removed connect and reconnected to make sure).

When printing multiple documents wirelessly the first document will print and then the first print job will remain in the print queue for 3-5 minutes after successful printing until the second print job will start printing. I often go into the print queue and cancel the first print job after it has successfully printed to speed this up a bit but still slow to print second queue job.

Have tried USB connection direct from laptop (Windows 10 OS) to printer and multiple print jobs queue and print straight away without delay and print queue is then correctly emptied.

Is this a driver issue. If so how can I fix?

The printer worked successfully with wireless print jobs at my previous house but has this problem using multiple laptops in the new house?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dero-1,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Dero-1,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having connectivity issues on your HP printer. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Let's try these steps here:

Let's start by performing a hard reset of your printer, router, and the PC.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7 Wait 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready.

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload.

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

If you’re running Windows, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information: http://hp.care/2biN2XE 

Next thing, I would suggest is to go ahead and install the latest firmware update: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJP8600_N911g-n_R1545A.exe

For more steps, please follow the steps listed in the support document - Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

Thank you for your reply. I completed all the steps as per your previous email (printer, computer, router powered off for over 30 seconds.

Router powered up, computer and printer sucessfully reconnected to router WiFi same ssid and network key.

I have then run the HP Print and Scan doctor. The printer is successfully identified but only as a 'USB' connection only. When trying to locate via 'Network Wireless' it cannot locate the printer despite both the computer and printer being connect to the same WiFi Name on the router.

I have pressed the WiFi key on the printer home screen to confirm the connection is successful which it was and Wireless Direct is on.

I ran the printer with USB connection and used the "Fix Printing' icon and all tests were successful.

Can you please advise what I should try next to fix this issue as I cannot think of any other reason why I cannot locate the printer on the same network.

Is it worth trying to run a 'Network Wired' connection via Ethernet?

Thanks again for your assistance Biswajeet.

Cheers Dave

HP Recommended

Hi @Dero-1,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, I understand you have followed the steps and the printer work fine when it's connected to USB. However, you are having issues with your Wireless. Don't worry, I have a few steps to help you with this,

I would suggest you go ahead and run the software again with the USB cable connected, this time you will have the option to convert USB to Wireless. so select that option and then follow the onscreen procedure to complete the setup.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Bisawjeet,

Thanks again for your reply. I attempted to reload the HP8600 using the HP Support and Installation Assistance.

I selected the 'Convert USB to Wireless' option but then it is sayting that the 'printer must be connected to the same router as this computer'.

This is confusing me as I am wirelessly connected to  my wifi router 'Telstra62E3E8' using the security key and the HP8600 printer is also connected to this same routerand security code.

The HP Install Assistant also indicates this in network setup and has the same security password listed for 'Telstra62E3E8' with Communication Mode = Infrstructures, Security  = WPA2 (AES).

I am not sure what to do next to fix this, can you please advise.

Thank you again Bisawjeet and I look forward to your reply.

Cheers Dave

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

Further to my last reply, the router is a Telstra Model F@st 5355. This model has a 'pair function' which I am assuming is the same as WPS.

I am thining the change to a new router when we moved house is the issue. I have used the printer Wireless Network Wizard to connect to the WiFi signal from this router but I am wondering if I need to use the 'Push Button Method' or something else since the HP printer software method did not work.

Cheers Dave

HP Recommended

Hi @Dero-1,

Thanks for replying, I appreciate the time taken to troubleshoot. I understand you are still having the issue with the wireless printing. Don't worry we'll try few other steps to help you resolve this issue,

First, make sure the printer is connected to the network. Just check the blue wireless light on the printer. If the wireless light is blinking, then you need to connect the printer to the network first.

You can follow the instructions here to setup the printer to the network: Click here

If the wireless light is solid blue, then the printer is connected to the network. Press the blue icon and then get the printer IP address.

Now open a web browser and on the address bar (top left corner) type the IP address and press enter. If the printer and the computer are on the same network, the printer page (Printer EWS) should display.

If the page is not displayed, probably the printer and the computer are on different networks and you might need to check that. If the page is displayed, try the steps below to fix the issue:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now go ahead and download and install the full feature software from the support website. (Please choose the OS)
  • Select the connection type as wireless if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you Biswajeet,

I am currently away with work for the next two weeks so as soon as I am back I will check all the steps listed in your email (thank you for that) and let you know the outcome.

Again thanks for your ongoing assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I am home from work.

Cheers Dave
HP Recommended

Hi @Dero-1,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

The problem has been fixed thank you. A friend of mine removed all links to the USB connection on 'Devices and Printers' and then we reinstalled it as a Wireless printer and it found the printer first time which is strange after all the things we tried with your suggestions but it worked which is the main thing.

Thank  you again for all of your asisstance, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.