Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet pro 6830
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I just bought a officejet pro 6830 e al in one printer and I can't get it to print in color. I can copy in color by manually hitting color and all my test prints come out ok too. I even tried cleaning printhead.  My operating system is a Mac OS X 10.11 El capitan. Can anyone help with this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mzacc, Welcome to the HP Community,

I saw your post about how you're unable to print in color, from your Officejet 6830, and wanted to share my own suggestions with you. See the link and steps below and try them. You should be able to print in color afterwards.  🙂

•  Here are some other suggestions I have to try from the Mac:
  1. Reset the printing system
  2. Restart the Mac
  3. Download and install the full driver: HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers
  4. In addition, download this driver: HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X

Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Hit the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

Have a great day:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mzacc, Welcome to the HP Community,

I saw your post about how you're unable to print in color, from your Officejet 6830, and wanted to share my own suggestions with you. See the link and steps below and try them. You should be able to print in color afterwards.  🙂

•  Here are some other suggestions I have to try from the Mac:
  1. Reset the printing system
  2. Restart the Mac
  3. Download and install the full driver: HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers
  4. In addition, download this driver: HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X

Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Hit the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

Have a great day:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. It worked perfectly!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.