Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2540

Hi all!

Our printer's on button light, Wireless status light, Wireless Direct status light, letter “E”, the media error indicator, the wireless strength indicator, Attention light, and both cartridge lights are blinking. This started when my husband changed the multicolored cartridge. I tried the instructions provided by HP for trouble shooting but the problem still persists. Our printer is already out of warranty. 

Prior to this issue, we had a trouble connecting the printer to our wifi at home after our internet box was changed, but this was already resolved. 

Thanks for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community @ejarg,

I read your post about all of the lights blinking on your HP Deskjet 2540, and I would like to help you out.

Below, I have posted a link to a document that offers some troubleshooting solutions to your issue. Try out all of the steps listed under the section titled "Issue: All the lights are blinking", and let me know the results as well as any problems or error codes you experience.

Blinking Lights on HP Deskjet 2540 and Deskjet Ink Advantage 2545 All-in-One Printers

I hope this helps.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the thumbs up below

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended
Ejarg - We are having both issues you listed with our HP2540. Our wireless router was recently replaced and when the printer goes to sleep, it drops off of the network. Just recently, all of the lights started blinking. I'll follow the suggestions above to try to resolve the blinking, but I have been unable to resolve the wireless issue. What did you do there?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.