06-16-2014 08:45 AM
06-17-2014 03:24 PM
Welcome to the forums lnichols
I appreciate your frustration, I really do. However, this particular printer uses some color inks even when printing in black only. If you did run out of color and kept printing black only, you will cause problems with the printhead.
FYI, HERE is the user guide to your printer, see page 74.
I've also linked page yield information HERE.
I hope that helps!
Have a great Tuesday
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)