Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You stated that you went into  Setup | Network | Wireless Radio and then manually turning the radio OFF then back to ON solved the issue.  What SETUP program are you referring to?

I discovered last night that I have the same problem with my HP Photosmart C4795 printer and would like to repair it without uninstalling the software and starting over from scratch.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same wireless radio Fail warning...    I printed fine last night, this morning downloaded an HP driver update.. this afternoon can't print... neither can my husband's computer (also downloaded driver update), neither can my daughter (no update, windows not Mac).   It takes forever to open a printer connection and then although it shows on the Mac that page is "100% printed", nothing emerges from the printer.

Tried re downloading old driver.  Uninstalled old driver then tried to use Installer to put in "new" driver.  Installer Has difficulty seeing the printer... at first can't see it, then I go open/close the ink cartridge door & it does suddenly see it... but at the final step it balks and says driver doesn't support this printer.

I had tried turning it on & off but hadn't unplugged it from the wall... just tried that & let the pilot fade out before replugging it.  

Oddly enough Printer booted up with "USB Device Not Compatable:  Remove USB device from printer."  BUT there is no USB device attached to printer & never has been.  I remember now that I got this odd warning the first time I tried to print... but it was an extremely long document with lots of images and thought at the time that perhaps that file was corrupted.

I love this printer and how it prints on CDs... please tell me it's not dead.

Tomorrow will purchase a USB cord at Radioshack if possible and try installing through that.

Macbooks running Mac OS X version 10.5.8

Airport Wireless router

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my c309a and I am kicking myself.  The wireless radio failed about six months ago while the printer was still under warranty.  Right before the warranty expired I tested it again and it was WORKING.  So I didn't have anything to fix under warranty.  Now the warranty has expired and I just moved the printer last night and the wireless IS BROKEN again!  I'm so mad I could scream.

Any ideas on fixing it?  It seems to be intermittent.  This is very frustrating.  Probably a loose connection inside somewhere.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and it dumbfounded me. Even HP support--those friendly folks in India--could not seem to understand what the problem was. We went through all the reset steps (holding "6" and "#" at the same time and even checking my home router even though I knew those were not the problems....to no success. Turns out, if you have a power failure, the wireless radio seems to act as if it can't find any wireless networks. What I found to do was to pull the power plug completely out. After you put it back in and the printer fully powers back on (with blue wireless light on), go to the Networking menu and select "view wireless settings". That, somehow, resets the wireless. Any other selection such as Advanced Setup or Print Wireless Settings will not work. Trust me, I spent agonizing days trying to get the blasted wireless working until I accidentally stumbled on this one. I can't explain why it works for me. 

HP Recommended

Ok, Turns out that only worked for a brief fleeting moment, then the darned wireless radio koncked out again. See above post (also on 1 September) for HP's determination to replace the printer under warranty.

HP Recommended

Finally got through to tech support and a kind person who finally understood the problem. I mentioned that the Wireless Network Test Report clearly says "The Wireless Radio Is Not Functioning" and he said that was about as clear as a fault could be. After a short chat with his supervisor, he said HP would replace the printer body--the part with the wireless radio. All in all, a very pleasant conversation and not a long one either. The whole call took 5 mins to determine that HP would replace and maybe another 5-10 mins to work out the shipping details.  Kudos (finally) to HP!

HP Recommended

This is the solution that worked for me.

Thank You!

HP Recommended

I wish I had this solution presented to me.  They only offered to send me a new printer if I paid $201! 

HP Recommended

@barnettg wrote:

Finally got through to tech support and a kind person who finally understood the problem. I mentioned that the Wireless Network Test Report clearly says "The Wireless Radio Is Not Functioning" and he said that was about as clear as a fault could be. After a short chat with his supervisor, he said HP would replace the printer body--the part with the wireless radio. All in all, a very pleasant conversation and not a long one either. The whole call took 5 mins to determine that HP would replace and maybe another 5-10 mins to work out the shipping details.  Kudos (finally) to HP!

I'm glad to hear they replaced your radio.....which they have repeatedly stated is not a common failure, in fact it is RARE!!!

My printer was 28 days out of warrantee and they refused to replace the radio, saying they have not identified this as a failure trend.....I guess they'll need a couple of hundred more failures of the same piece of hardware in the same printer before they identify it as a "TREND".

I hope your new radio lasts longer than your first one, if you check the posts you will see many other people have had their radios replaced only to prematurely fail again.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

I have the same problem today, after all the troublshooting, nothing works wonder why they didn't have a recall for that. I didnt use my printer wirelessly for a long time may be i used it just onece when i set it up when i bought it.

any ways I called HP support and the answer was your warenty is expired and you have to pay for it!!! 

That HP problem and I have to pay for it, it a coincidence tomorrow is Blackfriday and I was about to buy and HP laptop, know I am not buying anymore HPs. 

how long is the warenty for I bought it last year but I dont remember exactly when?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.