Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

i have a HP photosmart c4380. i got a new network router and was trying to set it up to be on the new network.

i am trying to access it through the ip address but it now says on the network configuration page print out that

active connection type is none

url is http://0.0.0.0

and further down that 802.11 wirless status is disconnected

hopefully someone can help me work out what i've done to the machine

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your router is like your printer's neighborhood.  If you get a new router the printer basically moved to a new neighborhood and, as such, needs to be re-issued a new IP address by the router for it to communicate.

Let's do this:

Restore the printer's netswork defaults

1. Press the Wireless button on the front of the HP All-in-One.

2. Press the button next to the icon on the display until Restore Network Defaults is highlighted, and then press the button next to OK.

3. Confirm that you want to restore the network defaults.

Now you will have to run the HP software again to teach the printer about its new neighborhood.  Get the software here.  Make sure to load the Full Featured software for your specific operating system.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your router is like your printer's neighborhood.  If you get a new router the printer basically moved to a new neighborhood and, as such, needs to be re-issued a new IP address by the router for it to communicate.

Let's do this:

Restore the printer's netswork defaults

1. Press the Wireless button on the front of the HP All-in-One.

2. Press the button next to the icon on the display until Restore Network Defaults is highlighted, and then press the button next to OK.

3. Confirm that you want to restore the network defaults.

Now you will have to run the HP software again to teach the printer about its new neighborhood.  Get the software here.  Make sure to load the Full Featured software for your specific operating system.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I too have had a similar problem.  However after changing my router everthing worked fine for at least a year and then all by itself the printer changed its IP address and dropped off my network.

I have followed your instructions, and after over 4 HOURS I can print via USB, but whenever I try and configure for WiFi it says there is not a printer connected.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and now I cannot even print via USB

NOW I CAN'T PRINT AT ALL

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I wish I had left it as it was, at least I could print via USB.

Why did the printer deside to change its IP address from 192.168.0.102  to 192.168.1.102 ??????

I don't have a network in the range 192.168.0.1 - 254 at all, my network is 192.168.1.1 - 254

HP Recommended

Oh, OK.  Let's restore the network defaults on the printer as instructed above.

Next, restart your router by unplugging its power cable momentarily.

Finally, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  Make sure the USB cable is not connected to the printer when you start this process.  The software will ask you what kind of installation - of course, choose wireless.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

THis same thing is happening to me however when I set up the printer apparently I made it so the administrator has restricted installing network defaults, and the only way I had connected was through the IP address.  Now my IP address is 0.0.0.0 and I cannot change administrative settings. Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.