Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@johnathanbreaux wrote:

First off I didnt buy it. Second ,Is there a way? and I guess I do use color, just to clean my printheads. LOL. I guess over a couple of new yellow cartridges i will be fine. How difficult would it be? [snip] 

Very difficult.  A few parts per hundred of magenta in yellow would cause a color issue.  Can it be done?  Maybe, but it would take a lot of flushing.   It may be too late for your printer, I would just hope no one else makes this mistake.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

lmao this guy! ^^ mr 10k post? you work for HP or just an admin helping out? to the other guy man dont worry about it. you could change out the head. this guy is just saying this so no one would do it, and if he works for Hp ofcourse he will not tell u there is a why around it. do some research its very possible to print with empty cartidge. the chanced of u doing damage are slim. its more of a gimick they say so u will spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i KNOW ive done it with my printer for 3-4years

look up how to reset it.

HP Recommended
BTW flush it by going to paint and make one huge yellow square. print till a whole yellow head is empty i doubt it will take a whole one. maybe so DW ull be ok 🙂
HP Recommended

I do not think it's appropriate that mr 2 post berely respect someone who is volunter to give his time for helping people.  Yes his opinion is the opinion of someone who love HP products and it's kind of weird but johnathanbreaux idea is bad and bob is right.  Why doing that when there are some known workaround like the tape on cartridge to bypass the ink check?

The guy we want and do not deserve any respect at all is the guy (engeneer/marketing) who first had the idea to sell printers $ 60 to makes their customer captive of their technology and scam.  Captive of buying over > 120$ of cartidges each year event without printing a single page.   The same guy that think that 5 ml of ink in a cartidge cost 1000000 time more than 5ml of gas or even gold in liquid form.  The same guy that has the absurd audacity to declare that this printer is the one with the lowest cost per page. 

Some guys have all the luck , Some guys have all the pain, Some guys get all the breaks , Some guys do nothing but complain

HP Recommended

I've purchased HP products for over 30 years and WILL NEVER purchase another HP product. HP has alienated their loyal customers.  DONE.

HP Recommended
I agree. Never again. They must think we are morons if they expect us to believe that we need to buy more ink every two-prints, or have to buy color ink in order to print black and white. I'm done with you HP!
HP Recommended

Another satisfied customer!

lsdisciples

[edit: off-topic sig removed]

HP Recommended

This is amazing, as an IT buyer for multiple companies I'm buying HP printers/scanners/computers/servers for over 20 years, and now i have this problem.

HP, read this: this was the last HP product I've ever bought!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.