Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 7520 get error message "cartridges are set to default quality" when trying to align cartridges.  Get black but no color. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I am sorry that you are having that issue with the printer. Here is a document that addresses poor print quality/missing colors for your printer model. It will give troubleshooting steps to try and  fix that problem that you are having with the output of the printer. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended
How can I reset my printer it's not printing it says that the cartridges are set to default quality.
HP Recommended

Help!  I'm getting error messages that say cartriges are set to default settings.  I have an HP Photosmart 7520.  Been on the phone w/ tech support for an hour...no help at all.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Don't expect a real answer here. They simply don't care. My HP printer is a piece of junk and the ink cartridges were not cheap!

HP Recommended

i put new cartridges in and message says my cartridges are set to default quality....how do I fix?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.