Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet6100

iam tierd to fix the encoder strip on thise machine in lift side

plz help me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What is the problem you are having with the encoder strip?  

If the printer is skipping an area in the same spot down the page, stairstepping text down the page or slamming into the side of the printer you might try cleaning the encoder strip as shown in the post here.  The encoder strip is fragile, please read and heed the warnings.  Only use water to clean the strip, not alcohol or any other solvents as the fine lines printed on the strip are needed for proper operation of the printer.  Be gentle!

If the encoder strip has become dislodged you may be able to correct the issue as described in the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

thnaks but big prb in left side how can I instal Encoder Strip in buody of machien

i need pic of theis Part if u can 

HP Recommended

I do not have an Officejet 6100, but see the pictures in the link I gave above.  Your machine would be similar, although there may be a cover you would need to remove.

689i84CDDAB8127EA482

The picture below is a close up of the tang the encoder strip will connect to, I stuck a small piece of card behind it.

688i10FB4835058DB317

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.