Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: HP deskjet F300

I really hope someone out there can help me this time, I ask for help a few times & I haven't had any luck so far.  Yes, I been all over your site, uTube & the internet looking. the thing is I know it works, becaues it prints out the alignment page & will also print out anything off my computer, but will not print when I go to put something in to copy. Why it will not print  a copy,  becaues nothing I do to reset the copier will get rid of the "E" blinking in the " amount of pages" you want to print will go away. I have tried every thing out there on the subject & they are brand new ink cartridge, both of them. I can't find anything about my model (Deskjet F 300) on cleaning the internal "printer heads or how to unclog ink ports.  Please someone help me, I spent over $50 on new ink cartridge and I sure can't  afford a new printer.  So I'm going to say THANK YOU hoping, no knowing some one out there will be able to help me. Like they say, 3 time a charm.    Sincerly, Eilene 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the error on your Deskjet f300 printer.  Are there any other lights or blinking lights on the printer?  Is so which lights and what blink pattern?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the error on your Deskjet f300 printer.  Are there any other lights or blinking lights on the printer?  Is so which lights and what blink pattern?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Thank you Bob for responding. The pattern is the ink light and it blink a steady continues blinking. I hope that helps.

Eilene
HP Recommended

The following section of the document is the one you will want:

Issue: The Print Cartridge light is blinking

In this error condition, the following control panel blinking lights pattern displays:
  • Power light: On
  • Paper light: Off
  • Print Cartridge light: Blinking
  • Plain Paper Type light: Off
  • Photo Paper Type light: Off
 NOTE:
In addition to the blinking light, an "E" might appear in the Copies area.
Figure : The Print Cartridge light blinks
Animated gif of Print Cartridge light blinking
  • Cause
    The cause of this blinking light pattern is one of the following conditions:
    • The cartridge access door is open.
    • The cartridges are not installed, not seated fully, or the protective tape is still on the cartridges.
    • A cartridge is defective or low on ink.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
Bob, thank you again. It will take me some time to go thru the and see if the data you sent will clear up my issue. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this is the end of my copying problems. So I wanted to make sure to let you know how much I appreciate your response. When I finely get to applying this (a day or two) I'll let you how it all worked out. Sincerely, Eilene
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.