01-20-2012 06:24 PM - edited 01-20-2012 07:03 PM
01-20-2012 07:57 PM
For my new 3054A J611j I just went through this, but still have issues.
While on the phone with HP 24/7 help the rep ran me through the (Mac OS 10.7) install CD twice more; when it "installed successfully" , but still "couldn't find the printer", rep went away to get port numbers to unblock in case my router had them blocked (it doesn't, but I took them anyway). When rep came back 10-12 minutes later, printer spontaneously Connected! Freaked us both out.
Now it has great difficulty connecting and randomly disconnects.
Go to HP Printer help page and try static IP (my next thing to try):
I was able to connect to the printer via IP with the PC as described on above page - interestingly, then it connected again.
Very discouraged with HP after this and I have 3 other, or is it 4, HP printers (non Wireless)
And all I wanted is wireless pringint on the new Mac.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)