01-12-2012 05:02 AM
My printer was working fine last night until it suddenly started printing grey instead of black half way through a print job.
The setting is not on greyscale
Ink is not empty
I have cleaned the print head several times
There are no error messages displaying
And tried switching both computer (Mac OS X 10.6.8) and printer on and off
........any ideas what I might try next to get it printing black again??
01-12-2012 05:14 AM
print a test page from the print first. This will tell you if the issue is hardware or software.
if the test page is not printing black then you are either out of black ink or the print head needs replacing
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
01-12-2012 05:40 AM
Hi I have had the same problem with my C8180 all in one its the print head
I've been on to HP Technical sorry to say you probaly cant replace the heads
HP Sucks never again will I buy.
mine is a £200 printer 13 months old now scrap
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)