Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

aclarke69 wrote:

Thanks BobI followed the instructions to the T on my Vista machineWhen I got to step 7 and clicked "Okay", the following message appearedThe folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your deviceIf the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.

The only thing I can think of is the driver is not made for an x-64 based system

Oops - it was a critical piece of information missing there, that you are using an x64 systemYou will need the x64 version of the driver, which I have never found.

Edit - I do not know how I missed this one, it shoud install on your x64 system.  Download the driver here. The drivers installed fine on my Windows 7 x64 system.

Message Edited by Bob_Headrick on 12-02-2009 06:33 PM

Click the 'Star'  to say Thanks!

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Hello Bob and all others,

I have been also looking for driver to my designjet 450c . I use win7  x64 .

It looks that driver (  hpdj430x64glen )  prints only grayscale pictures.

How could I change it to support all colors. It doesnt give option at anywhere on settings.

Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

download and install it its for windows 7 64 and vista 64

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3mogwejgvo

Oooo and its free 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I had a big problem with Win7 64 bit and finding a driver for my HP-450C - looked and looked finally stumbled on winline.com and ordered the driver package - expensive, but it works.  Check it out.

HP Recommended

download and install it its for windows 7 64 and vista 64

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3mogwejgvo

Oooo and its free 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very very much. That seems to work fine.

Sorry this took so long to try. After a long hospital period I was not able to test it earlier.

anyway Thanks a lot. This really helps me out a lot.

Best regards

HP Recommended

I installed that driver and found that I can't print in color, only greyscale.

HP Recommended

There is 2 drivers possible to load from this pages links. They are using same name so it is easy to mix them. Use the second driver , loaded from mediafire page. It should work fine.

HP Recommended

I only see 1 link on the mediafire site.  If there's another one, can someone please provide the direct link?

Thanks.

P.S.  The Winline driver seems to work, but they want $200 for it.  If there's a no-cost solution to getting my colors back, I'd like to find it.  It doesn't seem reasonable that switching from one Microsoft OS to another should break my printer.

HP Recommended

Gracias, hasta ahora esta funcionando bien, observaré como se comporta y luego les dejo saber.

Tengo la impresora HP Designjet 450C E/A0 conectada en Red a través de un Print Server DLink DP-301P+ y el sistema operativo que estoy usando es Windows 7 32bit para las sobremesa y 64 bit para la Notebook; para la Notebook utilicé los controladores de 64bits para wins 7; y para la sobremesa en la cual tengo Wins 7 32bit; utilicé   los controladores para windows XP, me pregiuntaran como hicé esto y a la verdad no lo sé, lo que sé es que la impresora me está funcionando perfectamente. Les digo, estaré en observación del funiconamiento y luego les dejo saber.

Gracias de nuevo  por los controladores,

RPC. 

HP Recommended

If no drivers available hook the printer up to your network. You can purchas a network server pretty cheap..

HP Recommended

I use a network server plugs in the back of your printer,, use your printer full functions..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.