07-30-2012 04:13 PM
Deskjet 5440. Sudenly started getting message "Incorrect Print Cartridge" while using same HP cartridge. Cartridge had not been changed or replaced.
07-31-2012 12:52 PM
You recently havent moved out of the country have you? Also what operating system are you using on your computer? Try resetting the printer by:
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
Let me know if this helps.
08-01-2012 09:37 AM
Thanks for the quck reply.
No, I haven't moved at all and I am using Windows XP. There have been no changes to my equipment or location. This started happening with no apparent reason.
I followed your instructions but I still get the same message. It's only happening with the Tri-color 93 cartridge. The Black and white 92 is fine.
08-01-2012 03:55 PM
Does this error message appear from the Hp Toolbox? Have you tried removing the Color cartridge and visually checking where it gets seats? Make sure it is making a solid connection to the electrical contacts and there is no ink residue covering the contacts.
08-13-2012 03:14 PM
Thank you for your reply.The message pops-up on the screen as soon as I send a document to the printer.
I tried cleaning the contacts and it still doesn't work. I guess it's time for a new printer. Thank you for trying anyway.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)