Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi I have a HP Photosmart C4783 and suddenly I can't print anymore.

I have tried restarting the spool but it just gives me that error 1053 and some blah about the request not responding in a timely fashion.

I went into system 32 to make sure that spool.exe is still there and it is.

I am running windows 7 64 bit and all updates including the printer are up to date.

Everything was fine up until a few days ago and I have no new hardware or software installed.

This is realy annoying so it would be great if someone has an answer that doesn't include trawling through a thousand other posts that suggest restarting the spool.

Thank you guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are getting the error 1053 on print spooler startup, then this is usually an issue with the Windows OS itself.  However, I do have something I would like you to try as a way to get the spooler to start.

• Open the Run command by selecting it under the start menu or by pressing the Windows Key (left of alt) + R
  • Type services.msc and press Enter
  • Scroll down and double left click on Print Spooler
  • Select the Log On tab
  • Uncheck the box for Allow service to interact with desktop
  • Click Apply
  • Select the General Tab for the Print Spooler and select Start

Does this get the print spooler to start successfully?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If you are getting the error 1053 on print spooler startup, then this is usually an issue with the Windows OS itself.  However, I do have something I would like you to try as a way to get the spooler to start.

• Open the Run command by selecting it under the start menu or by pressing the Windows Key (left of alt) + R
  • Type services.msc and press Enter
  • Scroll down and double left click on Print Spooler
  • Select the Log On tab
  • Uncheck the box for Allow service to interact with desktop
  • Click Apply
  • Select the General Tab for the Print Spooler and select Start

Does this get the print spooler to start successfully?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
WOOOO dude you are the man!
Thanks for answering with the solution.
All HP said was that my printer was out of warranty and go search the forums.
You would think they could have just given the answer.
Anyway you rock.
HP Recommended

Thank you, Thank you!! It started!!  ChrisA

HP Recommended
Solved. Thank you.
HP Recommended
Thank you again! Yes, my printer is online, working great! I just tried to rate on Kudos, but on this post, program won't let me. Kudos for all the help that I received from all of you!! It is a pleasure to be printing again! ChisA
HP Recommended

Wow! this did the trick. I spent 4+ hours researching and trying every blog post out there. These are the only steps that worked. Thank you for saving our computer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.