Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got error oxc19a0007 on c309 printer: "Ink system failure"  I unplugged printer, no help. Turned off an on as instructed, no help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

For the best chance for success, you might want to follow this document to help to resolve this.

Resolve 0x errors

see if this helps

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Hi There,

Thank you for posting. Following document in the link will be helpful for you please go through it and in case you have any other issues do reply back-

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

At your help an employee of HP.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

I got error oxc19a0007 on c309 printer: "Ink system failure"  I unplugged printer, no help. Turned off an on as instructed, no help.

HP Recommended
I got error oxc19a0007 on c309 printer: "Ink system failure" I unplugged printer, no help. Turned off an on as instructed, no help.
HP Recommended

Hi hyderali,

I understand you're experiencing an Ink System Failure error on your Photosmart C309 printer. I am sorry to hear about this but will try to help!!

Just above your post in this thread aks3621 has posted the correct document to help resolve your issue, so please just click on the link in the post above yours to help resolve your issue.

Hope this helps!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I cured this fault on my Nephew's printer without having to buy a new printhead!

Follow the instructions for removing and cleaning the printhead in the instructions mentioned above.
Here's the link again:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

I did all this and the fault persisted!
I did however notice that there was a lot of ink in the sponge where the print head parks on the right hand side.
Remove and clean this sponge/gauze type material.  I pulled it out with tweezers.  Refit it after cleaning with tweezers.
I then noticed there was ink under the ribbon on the print head.  I took the head to the kitchen sink and blew hard under the ribbon to dislodge the ink.  BE WARNED: INK DROPLETS SPRAY EVERYWHERE SO TAKE CARE!  After no more ink appeared I cleaned the head with Isopropyl Alchohol and refitted it to the machine, loaded the cartridges and re-started the printer.  This time the printer started perfectly and now runs fine!

I think this fault is caused by overcleaning the print head which can swamp the head and its control ribbon with ink.
I hope this works for you and saves you having to buy a new printer or print head!  Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

please help I am an OAP and not good with computers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.