Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (682 Views)

error "remove and check black cartridge"

i  have an officejet 5510 and i get the "remove and check black cartridge" text. what should i do?

Professor
Message 2 of 6 (658 Views)

Re: error "remove and check black cartridge"

Hello laybs,

When did you first start seeing this issue?

Did you just replace the ink cartridges? Are you using genuine HP ink or a third party/refilled/remanufactured cartridge?

Any additional information would be helpful. Thanks!
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. Smiley Happy

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (642 Views)

I am having this same problem.  It came up out of the blue.  Mine says to check right cartridge.  I have an all-in-one Model 4215.  I always use HP cartridges and there is still ink powder in the cartridge.  I went online for troubleshooting and cleaned cartridge contacts, but it still is not working properly.  Anything else that could help?  Thank you.

Professor
Message 4 of 6 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
Az,

Per the online article regarding cartridge issues here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bpa00299

if cleaning the contacts and checking the nozzles doesn't resolve the issue, you should attempt to replace the cartridge

This may become necessary if there was damage to the cartridge or a defect. The cartridge does have a warranty and if there is still ink available and the error does not read that the cartridge was empty, I would suggest contacting HP phone support for replacement.

You can find the contact information here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. Smiley Happy

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (622 Views)

Thank you.  I will get a new cartridge and contact support.

Professor
Message 6 of 6 (620 Views)

No problem.

If you could post back results it would be fantastic! Thanks for working through this, I can understand that it could be a frustrating situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation