07-04-2014 11:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I understand you are looking to get you Officejet 4500 out of an offline status. What is the Operating System installed on your computer, Windows or Mac? Also, what is the connection type between the printer and the computer?
If you open this link: Error messages displayed on computer, select your Operating System, then under Connection & communication errors click on "Printer is offline" you will be able to view and follow along the troubleshooting steps for such an issue.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)