Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to print a reverse image of my text on transparency paper because the print side is textured and I want the text to show properly through the smooth side. There is no option for printing mirror image under preferences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Deskjet 6980 driver supplied through Windows Update is compatible with the Officejet Pro 8600 and provides a number of features not available in the standard driver, including:

• Mirror Imaging
  • Page Order
  • Page scaling
  • Watermarks
  • Poster Printing
  • Advanced Color Control
  • HP Digital Photography Real Life technologies

To install a new driver click Start, Control Panel, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet Pro 8600, Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver, Next, Windows Update, (wait a few minutes for the updated list to appear), select HP (not Hewlett-Packard) for the manufacturer and then select HP Deskjet 6980 series (HP), Next, Finish, General, Type in a new printer name - it will have changed to HP Deskjet 6980, you will probably want to change it back to HP Officejet 8600, Apply, OK.  

"Mirror Image" will now be available on the "Finishing" tab in the driver.

dj6980.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Deskjet 6980 driver supplied through Windows Update is compatible with the Officejet Pro 8600 and provides a number of features not available in the standard driver, including:

• Mirror Imaging
  • Page Order
  • Page scaling
  • Watermarks
  • Poster Printing
  • Advanced Color Control
  • HP Digital Photography Real Life technologies

To install a new driver click Start, Control Panel, Devices and Printers, right click on the Officejet Pro 8600, Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver, Next, Windows Update, (wait a few minutes for the updated list to appear), select HP (not Hewlett-Packard) for the manufacturer and then select HP Deskjet 6980 series (HP), Next, Finish, General, Type in a new printer name - it will have changed to HP Deskjet 6980, you will probably want to change it back to HP Officejet 8600, Apply, OK.  

"Mirror Image" will now be available on the "Finishing" tab in the driver.

dj6980.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks @Bob_Headrick for heaps of information. For purely mirror printting, HP Photo Creations has this option (recently added):

mirror.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.