08-11-2012 04:19 PM
How do I find the MAC address to my HP Deskjet 3052A so i can add it to my access control list? I had to turn off my router's firewall to get it to find my printer. I would like to turn the firewall back on. I am using Windows XP.
08-11-2012 09:08 PM
Print a Wireless Network Test from the Wireless menu on the front of the printer. The MAC address will be on there.
Do not use MAC filtering as a security measure as it is way too easy to break! Use WPA or WPA2 encryption for good security (and nothing else).
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)