04-27-2012 10:37 AM
This article should cover what you are looking for. Give it a shot and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
02-09-2016 02:37 PM
I see your posting is a few year old, but if you are still trying to install a PSC 1400 series computer on Windows 7, I struggled with it and found a cure in Feb 2016.
Forget the 1400 series software CD, you need nothing. Go into Control Panal > Devices & Printer settings > Add A Printer > Add a Local printer > select port "USB001", then get into list of printer manufacturers > select HP. Find the one for 'OfficeJet 5600' which is already built into Windows 7. Install it. The OfficeJet 5600 is 100% compatible with the 1400 series.
Good Luck !
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)